Each year is filled with new opportunities and challenges. Setting goals and preparing for the coming year will help you to be more productive and manage your life better.
People who set themselves specific goals each year achieve more in life. They also have:
- a clearer focus and direction
- more control
- a sense of greater purpose in life
- more satisfaction
- more long term success
Important Life Goals
There are many aspects in life for which you can set new goals. You can choose one or a list of goals.
- Learning a new Skill (a new language or hobby)
- Big life Purchases and Changes (a new car or moving house)
- Career Development (a new course or new job)
- Financial Stability (setting a budget)
- Physical Health and Fitness (a healthy diet)
- Mental Health and Balance (more relaxing activities to reduce stress)
- Social Connections (meeting new people)
- Spiritual Growth (attain more peace)
- Social and Environmental Responsibility (reduce your carbon footprint)
- Organised Home Life (tidying up and smart storage solutions)
Your goals don’t have to feel like homework with regular reviews and analysis of the progress. Write down all goals to make it more official, e.g. losing weight, learning a new hobby or buying a new car. Even if you give up halfway through the process, it won’t be the end of the world. You can try again at the start of a new month, season or year, unless you realize that a new hobby, course or fitness regime is not working for you. Then try something else. You will see the more you do, the more you will get done.
Once you have decided what your goals are, start doing some research to learn more about each topic. Then prepare an action plan with the important steps you need to action, like getting the contact details and costs. Planning allows you to be more efficient and helps you to achieve your goals. It’s easy to talk about goals and plans, but taking action and committing to a plan takes more effort.
Happy goal setting and planning!
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
Follow my 52 Week Organise your Life Programme