On the topic of living a healthy lifestyle, now is a good time to organise your medical checkups and dental appointment for the year. Don’t delay serious health issues, such as breathing problems or constant pain in your back, any longer. Make that appointment today still.
11 tips to better medical and personal care
- To get an appointment with a specialist can sometimes take months. If your case is urgent, ask your doctor to contact the specialist on your behalf in order to get a priority appointment.
- When going for expensive procedures like orthopaedic treatment, check what your health insurance will cover and get a written cost estimate, to avoid any financial surprises.
- Make sure that you have the best medical cover you can afford. Maybe invest in an additional hospital plan to ensure that you can choose the hospital of your choice.
- If you were unhappy with the service or consultation you received last time, then look for a new doctor.
- Ask friends or family for referrals for new specialists or doctors with a good reputation.
- If you want to be charitable then participate in the next blood donor action at your workplace or go to your local hospital.
- We have a huge shortage of organ donors worldwide, have you ever considered it? If so, make sure you have the necessary identification.
- Personal care also includes skin care. Use the right products to care for your skin, especially the older you get.
- If you spend a lot of time in the sun, go for a dermatological check-up every second year to see if you have any cancer spots on your skin.
- Make sure all appointments are entered into your calendar and that you have saved the contact details in your contact list. Update or delete your existing contact details.
- Make sure all the medical bills are paid on time to avoid paying extra admin fees for late payment.
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
Follow my 52 Week Organise your Life Programme