At the beginning of the year we tend to be more motivated to start exercising again and to eat healthier. Try to stick to a new plan or schedule for at least 2 weeks in order for it to become a habit. Once it becomes a habit, it will be easier for you to carry on and you will start enjoying your healthy lifestyle.
- Join a fitness gym near your home or work place. It should be convenient for you to get to, as one tends to stop attending when it becomes a hassle, especially on days when you are less motivated.
- Work out a plan, which suits your schedule.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week to lose weight. Twice a week is fine if you want to maintain your weight.
- Go through all your exercise clothes and trainers. Discard any worn out or old pieces.
- Invest in some new clothes if you need to. Ideally get 3 sets of clothing, unless you are washing daily.
- Research healthy eating options. There are so many online diets to choose from. Make sure it’s a sustainable eating plan, otherwise you will eventually stop and not be able to shed those few kilograms you want to lose.
- Try to cut sugar, processed meat and refined carbs, as majority of research studies have proven that these foods are bad for us.
- You might have to invest in a new recipe book with healthy foods. Or collect recipes online.
“You are what you eat.”
Follow my 52 Week Organise your Life Programme