Proper lighting has a significant impact on the functionality and atmosphere of your home. It can affect how you feel in a room. Complement your décor and rooms with optimal lighting. There are so many different styles available to choose from – modern and retro to classic and vintage lamps.
Different Type of Lamps:
- Ceiling lamps give a central glow to a room and are available in a variety of designs, shapes and styles.
- Recessed downlights offer a clean, streamlined look in a home and can make a room appear bigger, through increasing the amount of light.
- Chandeliers create a statement in any room, e.g. dining room or bathroom.
- Wall lights offer supplemental light and create a more atmospheric effect.
- Table lamps create a softer light in the bedroom or lounge.
- Standing lamps are ideal for reading or illuminating empty corners.
- Desk lamps are essential for any desk space.
The 3 different Types of Lighting
These lights are intended to help you carry out a task or function like cooking, reading or work. Task lights come in the form of ceiling lamps, recessed downlights, desk and reading lamps. The light should be bright enough to prevent eyestrain and angled down to keep the light on the task. For a homely feel, choose LEDs with a warmer colour temperature.
Ambient or general lighting serves as the central source of light in a room. It sets the tone and overall glow for each room. Ambient lights come in the form of overhead fixtures such as ceiling lamps, recessed downlights, chandeliers and table lamps. Use light dimmers to adjust the intensity of the lamp and create a more cosy atmosphere.
They highlight a particular feature like a painting or a unique design element and build upon the ambient lighting of a room by adding dimension. Accent light comes in the form of wall-mounted lights, spotlights or recessed downlights, which you can turn to illuminate a piece of artwork. Use LED lights which don’t give off any heat.
“Let your light shine.”
Follow my 52 Week Organise your Life Programme