Many people are still on holiday during the first week of January, which is why I am starting off the year with the task of clearing your inbox on your cell phone. You can do this anywhere, while you have some free time available.
- Delete all unwanted emails and junk emails.
- Unsubscribe from all unwanted newsletters that don’t add any value to your life.
- Flag important emails, which you need to action or use for future activities.
- Create email folders for important topics such as travel, health, recipes, etc. Some topics might require subfolders, e.g. Travel (Paris / South Africa / New York) and so on.
- Archive all emails you want to keep, by dropping them into the various folders, which you have created. This will help you to search for specific information quickly and easily.
- Empty your junk and trash bin.
- Get into the habit of deleting unwanted emails immediately, instead of letting them accumulate.
- Clean out your inbox on a monthly basis.
If you are back at work, then also clean up your work inbox. I wish you all a great start to the new year!
“Clutter is one of the greatest enemies of efficiency and stealers of time.” – Don Aslett
Follow my 52 Week Organise your Life Programme